Sunday, May 17, 2009

Savor the foodies

On the peripheral of losing custom blog settings I also lost the blog list. Like I had said in the last post, I am anal about that particularly because I like to read them. Somehow along the way of recovering the links, I found more orgasmic reads and visual feeds!

But most importantly, I found the blogs that started the craze on me to start my first food blog many years ago and (only a few had seen it and now its long gone) I had completely forgotten about them. Shame on me. Anyways, below are the links. Savor them! :)

David Leibovitz is the man responsible for all the sweet craze and ignited the wants of starting a food blog. A well renowned pastry chef living in Paris, a handful of books under his name and not forgetting television appearances too. Dubbed the master baker by The New York Times David writes about his daily findings, makes and Paris. There is something about bakery and Paris that does it for me. Maybe I should just pack up and move there for a year. Ha!


Chez Pim! A name that has been buzzing in my head and I ignored it until yesterday. All this while I was searching for her blog in my brain. Hows that possible is beyond me. Best shot blog, a cult figure, etc.
Excerpts: "Pim's restaurant review list reads like a fantasy eating guide. El Bulli, the Fat Duck, St John, Le Meurice, the French Laundry - it should be enough to make you hate her. Except, annoyingly, Pim knows her own tastebuds, and very fine they are too.", from "The World on Your Plate", The Guardian (UK) June 9, 2006 Me on Pim: Her sharp wit especially on her post's tittle makes you click on it like how men click on "hot horny babe" links. I never quite like traditional writing. Cue: boring read. But with Pim, her rebellious writing is as delicious as the food she makes and eat or that's how they are to me just by reading! Annoying 3 gods at one time with a pork ragu? Go read and find out.

Stickyrice
. Have you read a blog that makes you want to pack up, get on a plane and eat food at every nook and corner of the world? This is one of them. Stickyrice, (how aptly named) writes about dining, drinking and living in Hanoi, Vietnam. He calls eating good deep fried food a sport. Come to think of it, he's right. Think sore tonsil. ha! :)

My affair with food is endless and I do have another food blog but I haven't found the right feel for it yet. Soon but let me leave you with a short story of what I did yesterday, on a wet Sunday.

I was at a friend's family place having a beer or four. There were about ten of us sitting outside by porch drinking and savoring on roasted wild boar. 12 hours later, I'm feeling the heat. Least I didn't bite on a bullet this time. Some asked me before, it doesn't take an acquired taste to eat them really but a strong mind will help. Just chew on it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment