Monday, January 12, 2009

When there's no where else to look

Uninspired I went on to another old blog of mine. A blog that I keep away from people I know (that includes you). A virtual hideout from the virtual world. This was back in 2005. And it pleases me like no other man can. Seriousss

Cecil Rajendra on the publication (or not) of his so-called controversial book.

Exercpts from The Sun - Poetic reasons, acidic rhyme

I began to believe that writing could make a difference and that every true artist has a duty to bear witness and speak out, no matter what the cost.

How can it be published in a country that is so sexually uptight that it views homosexuality as a threat to the nation. Incidentally, I have never quite figured out how a gay minister is a greater threat to the nation than a corrupt minister.

When I was 12 or 13, I had made up my mind to be a writer. So I packed up this gurkha duffel bag with romantic notions of hitch-hiking to Rome to make my name as a writer in some garret. When my parents discovered my bag, I was given a sound thrashing. After finishing law, this laidback lifestyle could not continue as I had to earn my keep. I took whatever job I could - as cook, postman, factory hand, etc - and when I had a bit of
money saved up, tramped around Europe writing, reading, visiting galleries, etc. Basically I was like a sponge with eyeballs hanging out, soaking everything.


Because I have yet to meet an honest politician. I am not saying this rare species doesn't exist, just that I have not met one yet. Let us be honest, the majority of politicians nowdays are nothing more than self-serving opportunists. In my more cynical moments, I think that to be a really successful politician in the 21st century, you need to be completely corrupt and more than a little retarded.

Now we have this anti-smoking Tak Nak campaign which is equally futile ... smokers will smoke whatever the price.

As I grow older
I grow wilder not wiser
I respect nothing
Do not talk to me of the temperance of middle-aged men
I have consigned Caution to the
wind.


The great mind of Cecil Rajendra. Mental fingering at its best. I laughed and smiled. ahh, I should read more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment